Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Griping my way into the new year....

Come on everyone give me a big fat collective *SIGH* for I've just discovered another way my new "better" insurance is screwing up my life!

I just got my dental cards in the mail and went to the website to see if my dentist is on my plan...well he's not listed ANYWHERE under the find a dentist info. So, I'm assuming this means he's not covered. However, I guess I have to call to verify. Of course it's the weekend so I have to stew over this now until Monday.

Let me just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my dentist. When Mike and I were dating he didn't have dental coverage and our doc traded services with us for limo time. It wasn't long that he did this as once we were married Mike was covered on my plan. Also, in general I HATE going to the dentist. I have NEVER had a dentist before this one that I have stuck with. I freak over just going for a cleaning. I am a habitual schedule and re scheduler when it comes to the dentist and I won't go for anything else until I'm in excruciating pain. Once I found this dentist I was able to find calm in it and I am pretty good about getting myself there for my routine stuff and I don't freak out as much. I'm going to be LIVID if I have to find a new dentist, LIVID I TELL YOU!!!!!!!! I'm just so darn mad!

Ok, I promise I'm not going to "witch" my way thru 2008 but I'm really miffed about this one.
Thanks for reading and any comments would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows a great dentist in the Towne Lake area let me know. My current (now probably non covered dentist) is in Fulton County near the hospital so I'll go out that way too should anyone know of someone REALLY great....

On a happier note, I'm feeling better today and I rocked this morning on undecorating from Christmas and getting the tree out of the house. We vaccuumed and dusted and packed up some toys too young for Lindsay. We're putting away some old stuff to make room for the Christmas stash and we can pull it all out again for baby 2 B when the time is right.

Lindsay just got picked up by her Aunt Patti & Uncle Steve for an over nighter! WOOHOO! They just called out of the blue and said "Since you're coming up tomorrow why don't we take her tonight and you can take her home tomorrow". SCORE! Mike and I are going to pretend we're single again and go see a movie. A movie in a THEATER! So, I'm off to go search movies and times now. I'm going to try to shelf this whole dentist thing and hopefully on Monday I can blog about how I got all upset for nothing. Cross your fingers but somehow I'm not feeling it.

7 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Hope the movie was/is great! Glad you are feeling well today!
Hope you get the dentist worked out!

Heather said...

There's hope if you're not on a DMO - I used to work with the benefits at my old job - our dental plan had a list of preferred providers, but it did not limit us. We could see whoever we wanted, it was just if we saw a preferred provider the claims filing was easier, we paid the same no matter what. So maybe yours is similar? Here's hoping.

I have movie envy - it's been a LONG time. I don't think I've been since Labor Day. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

i hate insurance companies!! so sorry about all that, chris!

enjoy that movie ,girl. i heard Juno was a good one. Y'all have a fun date together! and happy 12 weeks! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the movies. We also had no kids on Saturday. I find of walk in a fog when they first leave.

Andrea said...

Its seems I've missed a lot here so let me go ahead and say...

So sorry you've been sick for so long and I hope the meds continue to make you feel better!

Happy New Year, and also Happy 2nd Trimester-hope the MS is gone for good.

Insurance-I sure don't look forward to all of the hassle it brings with each new year : (

Tara said...

Chris - you can still go to any dentist you want to. When you register on the website, the benefits for in and out of network dentists are the same. I remember going to the benefits meeting and you can definitely see any dentist you want to.

Chris said...

Thanks Tara that's good news. I'll be following up on that tomorrow.

Angela- Yes, I agree...it's like what do we do now?