Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

More Big Girl Room

Lindsay trys out her new bed for the first time! She tells us she loves her PILLOWS!
The room is still a mess. Here is a shot of her touch lamp with the butterfly shade (found this at Pottery Barn Kids and had to have it!) Also her window treatments which still need ironing and the butterfly tie backs but here's the gist of it.
Lindsay helps daddy read the directions!
I love this photo!
Linds having fun playing in her tunnel. She used this to procrastinate going to bed last night. She was having so much fun. We're still waiting on her bed, dresser and book shelf to arrive. We also still need to steam clean her carpet one good time so we're not in decorating mode yet. We are letting her sort of play in the new room while she's home but she's still sleeping in the crib in the nursery. I'm trying to keep her out of the nursery other than that so she won't pull all the baby stuff out and go crazy. We asked her last night where she wanted to sleep and she told us her "new bed" but it didn't happen (see previous post). But, we'll try a nap today. Also, we asked her who was going to sleep in the crib now and she said "baby sister". My kid is SO SMART! It amazes me that she "gets it". We'll see how much she really gets it in less than two weeks! Of course the baby will be sleeping in the cradle in our room for a bit so Lindsay has plenty of time to adjust to her new bed.
I can't wait to have her room more put together so we can take some nicer photos soon. The real decorating and hanging of pics etc probably won't happen til I'm on maternity leave and that's ok...I'm really looking forward to it!

6 comments:

MBKimmy said...

She will do great in her BIG GIRL room! I can't wait to see it done!

The Partins said...

I love what you've done so far! It's a GREAT big girl room!

Anonymous said...

Love it! It is going to look great and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Angela said...

The room is looking great! I can not wait to see the finsihed room. Looks like Mike is feeling well also. Glad to see that. I am back in blogging business!!!!

The Smith Family said...

Lindsey's big girl room looks adorable. Glad everyone is feeling well and things are starting to come together for you and your family. Not too much longer and baby # 2 will be here! I can't believe you are working until July 9tt, brave girl you are!

Heather said...

Looking good, Chris! I can't believe how close you are to having baby #2!