Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Making of a Big Girl Room- phase 2 PAINT PARTY!

Yesterday Missy & Anthony came over to paint Lindsay's room for us! M was not wanting me to take pics of her in her paint clothes...but I explained that it was for the BLOG and therefore a must! These pics are from much later in the day too. After two coats of primer and hours of white trim we finally can see some "touch of violet" on the walls.
Anthony playing shy and working diligently around my gorgeous white trim! Almost all finished. The halogen light was still on so I was able to show more of the true color in these last two shots.
YAY...LOVE the white painted doors! Although I see now that I will need some new door knobs since those brassy ones are NOT pretty with the white doors. That's an easy fix though. I'm thinking that will be a trip back to home depot AFTER I have the baby though. Below is a before pic of this shot.
What a difference some purple and white paint can make huh?? I can't WAIT to do our Master Bedroom next! (again...after baby!) I think that will be a Fall/Winter project for us once Mike and I can do it together! Unless of course I can hire Missy and Anthony again...you guys, I can't THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

I will post more pics once I hang her curtains after the walls have more time to dry.

M & A showed up at my house yesterday a little after 9 and stayed til midnight just to get it all done in one day! We had a nice time visiting and I worked on the nursery as well. Lindsay officially is room less at the moment. She's completely moved out of the nursery and her big girl room is empty. Good thing she's still house hopping. Her mattress and box won't be in until next weekend and her furniture is on two week back order. UGH.
So we're off to celebrate Miss Big Girl with the family today. Should be lots of fun! Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i love the doors painted white! much more "girlish" for lindsay. can't wait to see the finished product...frame is almost ready to send!!!!

Heather said...

Looking good, Chris.
Happy 2nd Birthday, Lindsey!

MBKimmy said...

Like the doors white so so much better! Funny how you would never think it until you see it ...
I want to post pictures of the hosue, but it is ALMOST done and they wont be good during photos - I waited too long - maybe I will anyway dunno -

can't wait to see more pictures!

Melanie said...

Love the paint. What a transformation!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Bethany said...

Love the last two blogs. Miss Priss and her cupcake - Priceless!!! Good luck finishing the room. We waited until the last minute with Zach, and actually my parents finished hanging curtains and folding clothes while we were in the hospital. Just take it easy. It'll get done!

Glad everyone is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

IT LOOKS awesome! That is sooo sweet that they did that. Very COOL!!!

Andrea said...

Wow, what awesome friends you have! Love the color-can't wait to see the finished product!

Caron said...

WOW! What a difference! It looks awesome! I can't wait to see it all decorated. That's awesome to have friends to help out, especially with all the action at your house lately.

Sorry things have been so rough lately... better days are coming!!

Oh, and happy birthday LINDS!!