Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blessed!

Surfing around blogger world I stumbled recently across some blogs regarding infertility. Two years ago I would have been right there with them. If I had started a blog then it would most certainly be all about my futile attempts to become a mommy. I have to say that I have learned a few things from reading some of the blogs I came upon.

1.) I'm the luckiest woman in the whole wide world to have my beautiful Lindsay!

2.) As much as I want to give Lindsay a sibling and experience pregnancy again, if I don't get pregnant again it will NOT be the end of the world.

3.) I STILL have no idea how we got so lucky. It was TRULY Divine!

4.) There are WAY too many people experiencing infertility and NOT enough people that realize how horrible it is to feel that lost! Insurance companies be damned! (Seriously, my insurance wouldn't pay for any appts to help me conceive life but once I was pregnant and it was ectopic they were happy to pay for all procedures to help me expell it from my body...how WRONG is that??)

5.) I am TRULY Blessed and Humbled that I'm finally a mommy!

As we are approaching a time when we are considering Baby B2, I can't help but feel some of the anxiety of our days before we were so Blessed. Both Mike and I know how lucky we are and would never take our precious family for granted. What we went through to get here only made us stronger. Although, this time it will be different because I have my own live angel girl to always remind me that MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, that was always my biggest fear before i had my Joe-that i wouldn't be able to have children. my heart breaks for any couple that has to go thru infertility. i wish you much success with baby #2 and i will keep you in my prayers. yes, your lindsay is definitly a miracle and a beautiful blessing. :)

Chris said...

Thanks Katie! I was the opposite. I always knew I would have kids and looked forward to raising a family. I also always thought I'd have started younger...so, when we hit a bump in the road it was like OMG...I never thought about this? How will I deal? I have friends trying to adopt, I have friends that have been thorough much worse than me and still don't have kids...it's crazy. I don't usually say much about all the "before" stuff on the blog but reading some of the stories has made me think again how much I need to THANK GOD every day for my girl!

Kimmie Kay said...

I agree C and never let a day go by that I don't thank God for Kaley and Caroline! :)