Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th!

Well, so far today has been an uneventful Friday the 13th! I'm not complaining either. I left work a bit early and came home to lay on the heating pad for a bit. I have another ovarian cyst (second one in a month) so I have been feeling a bit uncomfortable the last couple of days. I worked a LONG day yesterday and was at the Forsyth hospital today so I was glad to get out of there.
It seems that for whatever reason my body is in this mode where the cysts are coming back on a regular basis. For those of you that don't know this was the main issue we had trying to conceive and partially the reason it took us 2 years! Anyway, my doctor started me on this new pill that is supposed to be stronger and hopefully will stop this from happening to me every month. We already decided to put off "trying" for number 2 until the end of July so this is not such a horrible thing. The pill is a 90 day dose so it kind of all worked out. Hopefully it will work. It's making it difficult for me to stick with any kind of workout program when they keep telling me not to run, walk on the treadmill or do anything to aggravate it. I certainly don't want to end up in the ER again so that leaves weight training and watching what I eat more closely (yeah right).
We're really hoping that if we can get a pill that works at keeping the cysts at bay we can go off at the end of the summer and my body will be ready to get pregnant again.

I was truly hoping that this issue was going to just "go away" as mysteriously as it showed up. My doc thought I was joking when I told her after number 2 I wanted a hysterectomy. I can't imagine why she thinks that is not an option for me it's not like I'm in my 20's or early 30's. I can tell that is going to be a fight down the road. Guess I'll cross that bridge later.

In lighter news Lindsay is doing well. Those top teeth still have not popped through but she is doing much better than a couple of weeks ago. She really had a great Easter and has been experimenting in all sorts of new table food. It won't be long now before we'll be done with jar baby food. Which actually kind of worries me. It seems easier right now when we're having an off night to just open a jar rather than worry about cooking or if she's getting enough to eat. I'm sure it's just another transition and we'll get used to it. It's time for Mike and I to get more adjusted to a regular dinner hour. Sometimes limo business hours aren't condusive to scheduled events such as breakfast, lunch and dinner. HA!

My only freaky Friday experience today was kind of funny. The first paperwork that crossed my desk today was on a patient named "Michael Myers"....(remember him from HALLOWEEN)? My co worker and I thought that was kind of spooky.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty freak-kay about the Michael Myers file. that movie scared the crap outtah me.

I really hope you are feeling better very soon. so sorry about all you have had to go thru with that stuff. Have a great weekend!

Becky said...

Isn't Saturday the 14th supposed to be worse? Hope you survived today alright!!!