Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Surgery is scheduled...

I'm having my gall bladder removed on Monday afternoon! Thankfully! I've been sick since Thursday night with pain and nausea. Woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I hope I can stay this way til Monday. This stinks! I missed my therapy on Friday and am not going next week due to my surgery and my appt with my neurosurgeon on Wed. Hopefully by the end of next week we'll be able to start making some plans for when we can bring the girls home. I have no idea when I may get cleared to go back to work or drive or when we're doing the next surgery to put back my skull flap. So we're sort of waiting to hear what he has to say before we make any decisions. We do not want to bring Lindsay home til we know she can get settled and stay here for a while. So I guess all will depend on how quickly the doc thinks we will do the next surgery. For now the gallbladder thing is supposed to be in and out same day and a quick recovery. Please say some prayers for me that all goes as planned and this is over with soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

silly gallbladder! of all times to act up & cause you trouble...

at least you won't have to pay for it...since you've met your deductible! i supposed that's ONE good thing about it.

AND, at least you won't be in any more pain from it.

prayers, prayers, & more prayers coming your way. update us as soon as you can!

The Gordon Family said...

I am sorry that you have to endure another surgery. You will be in my prayers on Monday as you have been for the past several months. I hope when this next week passes you will have more set plans that can allow you to look forward to the future and having your girls home.

Keep your spirits up, know God is with you, even when it seems He has forgotten about you! I am thinking of you always.

Anonymous said...

Well at least it is an in and out surgery and something that can easily be fixed. I am hoping and praying for you that things calm down after this. You remain in my prayers Chris, stay STRONG!!!

Erin Kathleen said...

Good luck, Chris. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of all of your troubles this year. It just has to be.