So here I sit three days post op and other than still being pretty swollen I'm doing very well. I haven't had any pain meds all day today though I feel like I will take something before bed tonight. I managed to get out today for a ride to the bank and the post office with Mike. Aunt KK came over yesterday and helped me wash my hair and clean the incisions (Nice to be friends with people who work in healthcare). I am not supposed to soak the incision on my head, yet I'm still supposed to wash my hair and keep the area clean and dry. Last time I had this incision I was in ICU and they took care of all of this stuff for me so I was a little nervous about this part this time around. It's working out ok though. The surgeon's team was very nice and did not shave all the hair they could have before this surgery. They actually managed to leave a good section of it alone so once my hair covers the scar again it should be fairly normal "GI Jane" looking again. By the time I remember really seeing it last time it had only been a month and it was grown out quite a bit. I'm hoping by Christmas I'll be able to skip wearing the scarves and have some sort of style going on.
So if any of you have any advice on this subject we're trying to figure out when and how to bring Lindsay home for good. It's been suggested to us to get Lindsay first for a few days and then reintroduce Brooke. I want to make sure I'm feeling 100% before we get Lindsay at all so I've been thinking early this next week maybe even Sunday. (Although I want more of my facial swelling to go down too) I think she will be easy to deal with at home and keep her on her basic schedule that she's already on. We're just not sure how she will deal with it when her little sis comes home if she gets too much mommy & daddy time all to herself. Either way I know we'll have jealousy issues, I mean I know I have TWO girls, but we just thought maybe it would be easier to bring Brooke back second since her schedule isn't as set as Lindsay's. We want to make it a big deal for Lindsay that she is coming home but we don't want to over sell it either. Spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's is something we want her to feel ok doing in the future too.
I'm worried about feeling well enough to take care of both girls when Mike is not around and I haven't driven yet since all of this either. I think I need to get some car time in this weekend and get that out of the way. I know I just need more time under my belt to feel "normal" again and to stop worrying about every ache and pain. Of course both girls home will help with that as well, there won't be time to worry! I hate feeling like everything is such a major decision. I just want to go get her and bring her home right now! I miss both of them like crazy but I can't imagine what must go through Lindsay's mind at this age. I want to make her homecoming easy and a HAPPY time for all of us.