MY FIRST BORN
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, but we were shocked we were pregnant that month when we found out.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I freaked out. 100% totally freaked out. Ask anyone in my office (they were there)!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NO WAY!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 35 when I found out/36 when I gave birth.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? My husband told me. Seriously. How often does that happen? I got sent to Quest for a blood test the day before. We were convinced it was a formality. I had a negative blood test less than 20 days before. I never thought I had a chance at it being positive. They called me the next morning at work but I was away from desk. So the nurse called my home and got Mike. He insisted that she tell him the result and then he called me at work and got me. His exact words were, "YOU'RE KNOCKED UP, BABE".
Then see #3 above...
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My boss, my office, everyone in the parking deck at Northside Hospital who saw me crying on the way out to my car to go to the doctor. Um, well...after that craziness we told my sister and brother in law, and my inlaws next.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely. I'm way to TYPE A to not find something like that out. I fantasize about how cool it would be to find out in the moment and be suprised. But, that will never happen.
9. DUE DATE? 6/25/06
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, almost immediately after I found out but only through week 13. I never threw up really. It was just constant nausea. My hubby got me seabands and they did really well. He also bought me ginger gum but I was too picky/afraid to chew it. I thought it might taste bad.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? From the beginning Peanut Butter! Also, ice cream and Pizza. My fave fast food was Arby's. Was in there two or three times a week. Not a normal thing for me at all.
12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I was pretty darn happy when I was pregnant. People at work who constantly said "see, you just had to relax to get pregnant" were close to death but I let it ride since I was so freaking THRILLED! (don't get me started...)
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope, I would have been happy either way but I can't deny that I was telling EVERYONE to THINK PINK! I had several dreams about a baby girl. Really vivid ones, even before I got pregnant. I was pretty convinced it was a girl.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I lost weight in the beginning but gained a total of 45 by the end. (and yes I'm now officially under my pre baby weight by a pound or two even though the body is definitely not pre baby shape)
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? YES-3! A huge wonderful one with TONS of people at Copeland's Restaurant. Another one from some old pal's at an old job that was so nice and quaint. My work also threw me one on my last day before maternity leave.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew but the work one was supposed to be a suprise...oops.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not really. I had the usual swelling ankles. I had some carpel tunnel (pregnancy related-totally weird) so my fingers and hands were numb a lot after about five months. That was annoying but no big deal. At the very end the last weekend my blood pressure went crazy and I had to stay on bed rest for two days so that we could wait for our induction day (Mon June 19).
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Northside Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? About 10 hours if that was really labor? I got induced around 10pm Monday night and by noon on Tuesday I was still only 3cm and baby's heart rate was scaring everyone. We headed to the O.R. around 12:30 p.m.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband. With a stop to ARBY'S on the way!
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mike, my hubby.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-Section. Although I didn't want that outcome in the beginning it really wasn't bad. The recovery was great!
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? PAIN MEDS ALL THE WAY!
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?? 7lbs 8 ounces
26. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? Not really. Her oxygen stats were low and she had to spend time in the special care nursery. I actually didn't get to hold her again til 10pm that night. I wasn't very happy about that but it all worked out for the best. Hormonaly that sucked!
27. WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON? June 20, 2006
28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Lindsay Cecile
29. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Eight Months and 18 days
Ok Mommies respond to this as "MY FIRST BORN"